What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SYSLOG Monitoring

Votes:

Hi, I am filtering out all but config syslog messages from our CISCO device so if a config change happens then we get a handful of messages only so the volume is tiny, but I cant get PRTG to react to them. The code I want to trigger the down notification is on the message containing 111008 . If I use a syslog receiver to check that the messages are actually coming out of the system they appear as expected and the string is present in the message of the record so I dont understand why I'm not seeing the behaviour I expect, unless I am missing how this works. If I put the string to search for in the entry for it not being present then even if no syslog records have been sent then it triggers the notification.

Any help would be appreciated as this may prove very useful in our PCI compliance solution.

Thanks

prtg snmp syslog

Created on Jul 21, 2011 1:25:21 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

can you please send us some screenshots showing the configuration of the Syslog sensor in PRTG to [email protected] ?

best regards.

Created on Jul 25, 2011 11:45:25 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.