What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I customize the PRTG web interface's login screen?

Votes:

How can I change the look and feel of the PRTG login screen? I want it to fit into my company's corporate design. Users should have the impression they're login into one of our company's websites.

css customize design howto login-screen look-and-feel prtg web-interface

Created on Feb 1, 2010 3:45:51 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Feb 9, 2010 4:44:55 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 13.2.3 through 17.3.33

Rebranding PRTG Network Monitor

Important note: The current customization approach is unsupported and deprecated as of versions 17.3.34/17.4.35. This customization no longer works. For more details, see How can I re-brand and customize the PRTG web interface using CSS and Javascript?

Rebranding the web interface and adding custom CSS, HTML, or javascript code is supported by the PRTG API (as of PRTG version 9). Please log into your PRTG installation and navigate to Setup | PRTG API and click the Website Styling tab for detailed information (not available anymore in PRTG 17.3.34/17.4.35 or later).

See also the article Customizing and Re-Branding PRTG's Web Interface.

This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 7 and 8 (deprecated)

For PRTG 7 and PRTG 8 (Deprecated Versions)

Login Screen Adaptation

There are several reasons for adapting the PRTG login screen. Maybe you are a company that uses its own PRTG installation to monitor customers' sites and you want to supply customized login screens with your customers' logos when they log into your PRTG installation.

There are two solutions to do this which are both quite easy to deploy for any webmaster:

1. Solution 1: Copy the HTML code of the <form> tag from PRTG's login webpage and place it on your own website (note: the login form where you enter your credentials must not necessarily be served by the PRTG web server)
  2. Solution 2: Make a copy of PRTG's default login page (file "login.htm" in the "/PRTG Network Monitor/website/public/" folder, e.g. into login2.htm), edit it as necessary (make sure you keep the <#include file="includes\loginform.htm"> placeholder) and then give the customer this unique URL (e.g. http://prtgserver/public/login2.htm). <html> <body> <#include file="includes\loginform.htm"> </body> </html>

Note: As of PRTG 13.2.3, this file is in the folder /webroot/public/ of your PRTG program directory.

More

Many PRTG users want to use their own logos and/or corporate colors for the web interface of their PRTG installation. A hidden feature of PRTG 7.2.x allows you to modify the look and feel of the web interface using just a few CSS statements. For more information see the instructions on How to Re-Brand and Customize the PRTG Web Interface Using CSS.

Created on Feb 1, 2010 4:23:21 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Mar 22, 2018 12:19:18 PM by  Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is there a more up to date version of this article specifically for the login page customization?

Created on Mar 10, 2018 4:47:50 AM

Votes:

Hello Evan,

did you already check the above mentioned note:

Important note: The current customization approach is deprecated as of versions 17.3.34/17.4.35. This customization no longer works. For more details, see How can I re-brand and customize the PRTG web interface using CSS and Javascript?

Please note that you're of course free to customize the web sites on your own, but we can't provide assistance or how-to's for it anymore. I appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Mar 12, 2018 7:59:44 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.