What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How long does PRTG keeps its Data and how can I archive and restore

Votes:

I want to keep Traffic and Sensor Data for maybe 5 Years. How long does PRTG keep its Data and how can I archive and restore Data. What is a solution, if in 2015 I need Data from 2011?

historic-data restore

Created on Jul 22, 2011 6:50:52 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Dear Christian,

by default PRTG keeps the monitoring data for 1 year. You can change this to be 5 years under "Setup"->"System Administration"->"System & Website"->"Data Purging Limits"->"Historic Data". Basically the only limit here would then be your disk space. If you keep PRTG on the very same machine in these 5 years you can access the "old" data of sensors always with reports or the "Historic Data" tab.

best regards.

Created on Jul 25, 2011 12:33:38 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

in the current version the settings can be found under: "Setup"->"System Administration"->"Core&Probes"->"Historic Data Purging"->"Historic Sensor Data".

Best regards, Christian

Created on May 22, 2017 6:49:01 AM by  Christian Guegel (0)

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.