What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

No traffic

Votes:

Greetings,

I need to get a notification when there is "no traffic". I have a sensor that is monitoring a PRI interface through snmp traffic prob. The interface in my side is not down but it has no traffic due to a problem in the other end. I have a couple sensors that has no traffic and that mean something is down in line. How do I get notified when the is no traffic on a sensor?

Thanks, Cheyenne Mills

no-traffic-on-the-sensor notifications snmp-traffic

Created on Jul 25, 2011 2:39:35 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Dear Cheyenne,

you could use a Speed Trigger on the sensor with the value 0, which should then trigger a notification if the speed reaches 0 for the specified latency time.

best regards.

Created on Jul 25, 2011 4:24:04 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the email. Where is the speed Trigger?

Created on Jul 25, 2011 6:25:10 PM

Votes:

Like the other Triggers, the Speed Trigger can be added on the Notification-tab of a sensor, please bear in mind that this tab is only accessible in the AJAX-Webinterface of PRTG 8.

Created on Jul 26, 2011 12:51:55 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is this a Voice PRI? What kind of device... If its cisco you can compile MIBs and query the status and alarms from a PRI as described in this article:

https://kb.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/29563-how-can-i-monitor-pri-interfaces-on-a-cisco-router#reply-95923

If not Cisco Im sure similar Mibs might exist depending on your equipment

Created on Feb 7, 2012 3:03:51 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.