What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Setting up Notifications at Group Level

Votes:

I currently have 5 groups setup with anywhere from 5 - 20 devices in each group. Each device has several sensors. I would like to manage the notifications (email) for each sensor at the group level based on sensor type - is this possible? For example, I have PING sensor setup for each device in the group and I would like email sent to me if status changes from up to down and once it comes back up again. I would also like to monitor a specific service running on the device. All other sensors would not require a notification (email) to be sent out at this time. What is the best way to accomplish this?

groups notifications prtg sensor

Created on Mar 11, 2010 3:48:42 PM

Last change on Mar 12, 2010 10:29:16 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

There are two possibilities:

• Define a notification trigger for the individual sensors
  • Define a notification trigger on the group level and deselect the notification trigger inheritance for all sensors that are not supposed to trigger said notifications

It is, however, not possible to define notifications from the group level on a per sensor type basis.

More information can be found in the Notifications chapter of the user manual.

Created on Mar 12, 2010 10:55:44 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Last change on Mar 15, 2010 10:03:56 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.