What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can remote probes have it's own time zone?

Votes:

Hi, we use PRTG in several countries spread over the world and therefore in different time zones. The timely display of the sensors is based on UTC + time zone from my account settings. We would rather prefer that a probe has it's own time zone to see local time and not my time. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Greetings, Mike

prtg remote-probe time-zone

Created on Jul 27, 2011 6:15:33 AM

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

this is not possible, sorry.

Only solution would be to log in with another user account that uses the timezone the remote probe is in

Created on Jul 27, 2011 10:24:05 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

thanks for reply. Is it planed in further versions?

Created on Jul 27, 2011 10:26:03 AM

Votes:

Hi,

it's me again. I just want to add this to emerge that time-zone support would really be highly appreciated: We are using PRTG to monitor a lot of devices spread over the world. That means that many remote probes are in different time-zones than the core server. Now we wanted to plan a bandwidth monitoring of all of them, but we are not interested in a 24/7 monitoring. So the basic idea was to monitor:

1. On weekdays 9-to-5
  2. On weekends 0-to-12 based on the time-zone the remote probe is located. We ran some test and had to find out that the schedule of the sensor (e.g. weekdays 9-to-5) is based on the time-zone of the core server (in our case currently UTC+2) and not on the time-zone of the device where the remote probe is installed. For example: the sensor on a device located in Mexico resumes at 9 (UTC+2) - that's 2 o'clock in Mexico! (far away from working hours)

So, in a nutshell: Scheduling remote probes in different time-zones is basically possible but monitors other time periods as expected and is therefore not useful for us.

Created on Oct 31, 2011 8:49:11 AM

Last change on Oct 31, 2011 3:58:54 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

I agree, have sensors show graph in a custom timezone would be very helpful.

Created on Jul 29, 2022 5:33:30 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.