What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

multiple-sensors

Votes:

Why is PRTG Ver 8.4.1.2283 Auto discovery creating duplicate sensors for most of my Cisco switches. NOTE: 'ifindex persist' is set in the switches but SNMP index numbers and sensors are duplicated / triplicated, etc.

duplicate ifindex-persist multiple-sensors

Created on Jul 29, 2011 7:39:26 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Dear Dennis,

did the Interface Names/Descriptions/Aliases change in any way on the ports that have multiple sensors now?

best regards.

Created on Aug 1, 2011 2:09:48 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We do not change anything in the switch on the interfaces. All of the interfaces in some devices are getting duplicated and we end up with hundreds of duplicates per device. The duplicated sensors display exactly the same when I look at them.. Only thing I can do is to delete and recreate the entire device. Auto-discover runs once a week..

Created on Aug 1, 2011 9:53:55 PM

Votes:

Dear Dennis, can you please send us some screenshots showing the issue via email (with a note to this KB-Article) to [email protected]?

Created on Aug 2, 2011 2:11:15 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Screen shots sent to Support of duplicated sensors..

Created on Aug 2, 2011 4:44:25 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.