What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

sending Graphs by email

Votes:

Hello everone,

i'm purchasing the PRTG but I have some doubts:

how I can send reports by email with graphs. for exemplo, when an link be above of the "speed trigger value" that I' ve set it so I need the PRTG sends the report with the graph. it's possible ? how I do?

comunication report between two machine ? it isn't the top 10 only two machine.

I wish know what was all traffic from a machine to any destination and protocol. there is a report? or any filter at the toplists?

sorry for my poor english...but I'm looking for a good network tool and I think the PRTG can help me. I have a custumer with about 120 cisco devices and we need monitor this devices.

thank you

I'm from Brazil.

netflow prtg snmp

Created on Aug 8, 2011 12:36:45 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

1. Reports can only be PDFs I'm afraid. You can however use the PRTG API to get data in CSV-Format.

2. That depends how the other application might accept the notifications. Maybe sending a trap from PRTG as notification or syslog will work.

Created on Aug 9, 2011 7:00:39 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 9, 2011 7:01:08 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

8 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid it's not possible to include graphs into email-notifications. You can only try to add a link to a graph, by following the Direct Linking-option of the |How can I safely publish my PRTG data?-article.
Toplists cannot be reported. You can only try using Custom Sniffer/Flow-Sensors to report on traffic types for certain IPs.

best regards.

Created on Aug 8, 2011 12:53:54 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 2, 2021 9:01:44 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Votes:

Thank you

Toplists cannot be reported. You can only try using Custom Sniffer/Flow-Sensors to report on traffic types for certain IPs.

There is some how to for this?? because custumer want knows by email who is spending more bandwidth.

I wish know what was traffic mount between two machine as well as the protocol . there is a report? have I add a sensor ?

Thank

Created on Aug 8, 2011 4:05:01 PM

Last change on Dec 2, 2021 9:01:51 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Votes:

You would need to use Custom Netflow Sensors or standard Netflow Sensors with filters to have one sensor per IP (Which shall be monitored) to do this. Please see Frequent Questions about Flow (NetFlow, sFlow), Packet Sniffing, Traffic Monitoring and Cisco and the articles linked in it.

Created on Aug 9, 2011 1:48:19 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 2, 2021 9:02:01 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Votes:

Thank you. more some doubts...

1- is it possible export the reports to Excel ?

2- I wish export some alarms to other monitoring application there is possible ? for exemplo, when some device link is down is generated a alert to prtg. I wish Prtg exports automatically to other monitorin application.

this week I will go make a apresentation to my costumer about PRTG. so I need know PRTG features.

thank.

Created on Aug 9, 2011 5:12:06 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

1. Reports can only be PDFs I'm afraid. You can however use the PRTG API to get data in CSV-Format.

2. That depends how the other application might accept the notifications. Maybe sending a trap from PRTG as notification or syslog will work.

Created on Aug 9, 2011 7:00:39 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 9, 2011 7:01:08 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok...sorry for my questions...

I've just done a report and I think a bit strange because no appered information about flows between machines. I generated from "Top 100 Most/least bandwidth" appear only mount traffic information for each device interface. no flows details.

I wish a report that give me details flows informations as at the Top List screen. is it possible ?

thank

Created on Aug 9, 2011 7:44:02 PM

Votes:

hallo,

Flow or Packetsniffing TopList reports are not available at the moment, sorry.

Created on Aug 10, 2011 9:07:57 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

bad! but there is any way to export the top list ? because my customer want history datas. for exemplo, he want knows who spend more bandwidth last month or what was the top protocol.

any tip is welcome!

the reports shows only graphs and absolute data amount on device. I need of details.

thanks

Created on Aug 10, 2011 1:10:53 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.