What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Only Copy the data from the sensor not the config

Votes:

Hello,

I like to copy an sensor 1:1 so that in the two sensors displays the same traffic an time. But only one of them ist he main sensor and the other one the copy.

The option to clone the sensor ist not that what I like to have in the end. What I like to have ist that one sensor monitor the traffic and the other one gets only the data of them. So that I see in the diagram the same times and traffics.

And the Option with the “Formelsensor” with the Kanaldefinition doesn’t copy the data from the main Sensor.

Kanaldefinition Configuration: with

#1:Traffic eingehend
Channel(3240,0)
#2:Traffic ausgehend
Channel(3240,1)

Best kinds jaykop

copy-sensor prtg snmp

Created on Aug 10, 2011 10:34:41 AM

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid that is simply not possible. A copy/clone of a sensor will scan at it's own time and so likely not show the exact same numbers and scan-times. And Factory Sensors don't have their own data.

best regards.

Created on Aug 10, 2011 12:44:13 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the fast answer.

Created on Aug 11, 2011 6:47:29 AM

Votes:

But what I don't understand is. If the Factory Sensors don't have their own data. From where it get his data ? With this defintion:

#1:Traffic eingehend
Channel(3240,0)
#2:Traffic ausgehend
Channel(3240,1)

I understand it so that the Sensor get his data from the Sensor with the ID 3240 and Channel 0 and 1 from them. If that so I musst see in the diagram of the factory sensor the same time and traffic from the Sensor with the ID 3240 ? But I try it and get different times and traffics in the factory sensor.

Created on Aug 11, 2011 8:29:33 AM

Votes:

The Sensor Factory reads the data from its source sensors at its own "scan times" (and basically only stores it temporarily). If it were to write its own data, it would never be possible to change the formula again, once the Sensor Factory is created.

Created on Aug 11, 2011 9:51:40 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.