What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to set up a notification for all sensors of one type in bulk?

Votes:

I would like to enable a notification that will alert me via email if any devices in my environment has a down PING sensor. I do not want to use the State trigger at a top level because I don't want to be notified about high CPU or pagefile usage for example. Is there a way to add a notification to all PING sensors in bulk rather than individually?

Thanks

alert bulk mass notification prtg sensor wishlist

Created on Mar 12, 2010 4:56:02 PM

Last change on Mar 15, 2010 11:35:34 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Yes, if you create a library containing all of your ping sensors you can then set up a notification for that library which will then apply to all Ping sensors in that library. In the library you will need to create a node. See also the Paessler website: How to set up notifications via the PRTG web interface.

Created on Jun 24, 2014 12:19:59 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 26, 2021 10:43:50 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

8 Replies

Votes:

+1 request for this feature. Any insight as to it's rank on the feature request list?

Created on Oct 10, 2012 6:42:34 PM

Votes:

Hi,
we are working on a feature which allows you setting notifications based on Libraries in PRTG. This should do exactly what you want.
The feature is already present in the Preview and Canary Release Channel and we hope (sorry, no guarantee) to bring this into the Stable Release Channel sometime this month.
Best regards

Created on Oct 10, 2012 7:11:28 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, is this feature available now?

It's neccesary in a World-Class Software Like PRTG.

Thank you.

Created on Jun 24, 2014 12:09:13 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Yes, if you create a library containing all of your ping sensors you can then set up a notification for that library which will then apply to all Ping sensors in that library. In the library you will need to create a node. See also the Paessler website: How to set up notifications via the PRTG web interface.

Created on Jun 24, 2014 12:19:59 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 26, 2021 10:43:50 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Votes:

Hi, I have just found this thread.

Is it possible when creating a library to drag and drop more than only one single sensor at a time? It does not seem to be possible to mark all the sensors you want to drag and drop.

Created on Jan 30, 2015 2:22:30 PM

Votes:

Hi, This is not possible at the moment but I'll put this on our feature request list.

Meanwhile you can assign tags to each sensor of interest and filter the library for the tag. You can use multi-edit to edit multiple sensors.

Created on Feb 2, 2015 5:37:01 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, I have a 1000 of devices with a number of sensors on each of them. I don't want to be notified about problems with one of them. Is there a way to multiedit and switch notifications for just one sensor type in the group? I don't use libraries currently in my setup so let's assume this is not a solution for me at the time. brg, TG.

Created on Jun 5, 2015 8:36:45 AM

Votes:

I'm afraid not, Libraries are the way to go in situations like this.

Created on Jun 5, 2015 9:05:29 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.