What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Displaying correct value from smp GET

Votes:

I have an OID that returns an ip address as the value from a get request. I would like to display the value as it is returned but I get a data type error when trying to use the few types that PRTG offers out of the box. Is there a way to deal with this please?

In regards to the same issue I would also like to have the value displayed on something that is not a chart type background image. Do you also have a method of dealing with this?

Thank You, -Frank Wells

data-type display prtg snmp values

Created on Aug 17, 2011 8:10:37 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Frank,

you can use the SNMP Custom String sensor to monitor this OID and maybe Maps to display it.

best regards.

Created on Aug 18, 2011 12:53:49 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.