What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I have just migrated my installation of PRTG v8 on to a new server, and none of my groups/devices or

Votes:

I have made sure that I have thge same PRTG build on source and target computers

I have copied all data files from source to the target computer

All the settings on both server administrators are the same.

Is there something else I need to do to get this to work?

installation migrate prtg

Created on Aug 18, 2011 12:19:21 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

so on the new PRTG host you only see the default-starting configuration of a few sensors on the Probe Device? If so, please check if in the "PRTG Server Administration" tool the correct datapath is used, if it is the path where you copied the data from the old host (assuming that you copied the entire data-folder from the old to the new host). You can also send us screenshots/logs to [email protected] for this

best regards.

Created on Aug 18, 2011 2:09:57 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.