What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can we merge two sensors into one ?

Votes:

I searched over the Help and finally over the FAQ but I'm not able to find a answer to this basic functionality :

I would like to merge two SNMP Bandwidth sensors coming from the same phyisical device into one.

This will provide me a combined view of both data which is very useful for me.

Thanks for any help

Regards

prtg8 sensor snmp

Created on Aug 19, 2011 9:13:58 AM

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

'merging' in the true sense of the word is not possible, but you can use the Sensor Factory to display the results of several source sensors in one graph (or calculate them).

best regards.

Created on Aug 19, 2011 1:27:11 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for this answer, could provide me some help to do that with the sensor factory ?

I had a look but seems not really friendly the first time :-)

Created on Aug 19, 2011 1:28:29 PM

Votes:

#1:Sample
Channel(1000,0)+Channel(1001,0)

This sample will add the vales from the Sensors with the IDs 1000 and 1001 from their 0-Channels. You can discern a sensors ID, by viewing its Overview-tab, the ID is then written directly behind the sensors name. The Channel-Number can then be discerned on the sensors Channels-tab.

Created on Aug 22, 2011 11:51:38 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you the missing part for me was the sensor ID

Created on Aug 22, 2011 12:23:26 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.