What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring a SharePoint site?

Votes:

Been trying to monitor a SharePoint site using all the HTTP sensors without success.

The site requires a login, which works okay with basic login, however always getting a read timeout error no matter what I try when trying to read the default.aspx page.

Seems to login and work okay when I give it a path to an image (gif) within the SharePoint site but not any of the aspx pages.

Any ideas?

aspx http-sensor prtg sharepoint

Created on Mar 15, 2010 12:43:07 PM

Last change on Mar 15, 2010 4:33:03 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This seems to be a session handling problem. I am not familiar with Sharepoint's session handling, but I assume it is a URL based session management.

If possible, disable URL based session management in Sharepoint and switch to cookie based session management.

You might need to use a "HTTP Transaction Sensor" to log in and monitor Sharepoint.

Created on Mar 15, 2010 2:48:46 PM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Last change on Jul 15, 2010 11:20:27 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.