What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Windows Phone 7

Votes:

Does anyone have the mobile website working on a Windows Phone 7 device? My Samsung Focus will simply not find our webpage, despite both an Android and iPhone being able to access the same site via the HTML interface. I can access other websites on our network (same IP block, etc.) from the same phone, so it seems like there's some odd incompatibility with Win Phone 7 and the PRTG interface.

Thanks, James

mini-html mobile windows-phone

Created on Aug 24, 2011 1:46:48 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Important note: PRTG for Windows Phone has been discontinued!

There is no further development planned for this mobile app.

Created on Jul 24, 2017 12:15:22 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

13 Replies

Votes:

James,

What exactly happens? Because I tried on my HTC 7 Trophy and it works like a charm. I think your problem can be solved by going into your IE Settings on your phone and set you website preference to "Desktop version". Tell me if that works for you.

Jeroen

Created on Aug 25, 2011 11:13:44 AM

Last change on Aug 25, 2011 3:55:05 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

When set to either mobile or desktop version, I get an error that:

-- We can't display this page right now.

The website you're trying to reach may be experiencing technical difficulties. Try again later.

Error: Cannot find server or DNS error. --

The thing is the site is up and available, so whatever the problem is it's something unique to my phone model or Win Phone 7. I did have someone else with a Focus (also on AT&T) try with the same error.

Thanks, James

Created on Aug 25, 2011 3:16:21 PM

Votes:

Try with an app called System View to find out if you do get an IP address from your local network.

Created on Aug 29, 2011 6:39:08 AM

Last change on Aug 29, 2011 12:49:50 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yeah, I have an IP. I can reach other websites on my network without any problems, it's just PRTG.

Created on Aug 30, 2011 4:35:51 PM

Votes:

i have the same problem with the mobile website i work on it ... all other device work but not this stupid windows phone ... so im gona to build a webserver with c# and try to find out what this phone post to the server to get this error ...

if someone find the isue, please tel me... if i find the solution, i will post it here

Created on Feb 17, 2012 10:39:37 PM

Votes:

after searching the net for solution, i have find safari have a Developer mode. It can be use to pass every UserAgent (Like Windows Phone)

I have started the website in debug mode with visual studio, and acces it with safari to find where is the error.

Hope this help everybody need debug with UserAgent specific error.

you can also find mobile device emulator to check layout for device at this url : http://www.asp.net/mobile/device-simulators

Created on Feb 19, 2012 2:15:15 PM

Votes:

PRTG for Windows Phone

Recently, we have released an experimental app for Windows Phone which embeds the mobile Web GUI. Please see the following article for details:

Created on Feb 18, 2014 2:58:30 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am THRILLED to see this, and I think it really shows off the value of live tiles. That said, I'd like to see some changes to the live tiles:

• Option to set the polling interval; it seems to be about five minutes for an update. Can this be changed so it automatically polls as soon as the phone is unlocked?
  • I'd rather see the live tile display the summary sensor info, i.e. how many are up, down, paused, etc. Right now it just displays ">99" if everything is up, and apparently the number of down sensors if anything is down.

Thanks again for adding this. With a few tweaks it would be perfect.

James

Created on Feb 19, 2014 2:43:05 PM

Votes:

The live tile polling interval is controlled by Windows to minimize battery usage - 10 or 15 minutes, IIRC. We can't really get around it, much as it would be nice to leave it up to the user to decide. It's also possible that WP8.1 will add some flexibility there, but that's still a ways off.

As for the tiles, the biggest tile size, covering the screen horizontally, should show all of your sensor counts (and if it doesn't, then that's a bug!) but the small and medium tiles are a bit trickier. With the limited space, it was a choice between showing the most important information at a glance, or showing *all* of the sensor counts by flipping through them. I'll see if I can find a better middle-ground in a future release.

Thanks for the feedback!

Created on Feb 19, 2014 3:15:14 PM by  Matt Barringer [Paessler Support] (460) 2 1

Votes:

Created on Feb 19, 2014 3:28:25 PM

Votes:

Yeah, you're right, I completely missed expanding the tile to the full width. It's not the most attractive but it does show what I had in mind. I think the medium size should have enough room to show at least up and down sensors though.

As for the polling...I'm fairly certain the weather channel app's live tile updates when the screen unlocks. If that's possible it would be a perfect solution.

Thanks again.

Created on Feb 19, 2014 3:38:30 PM

Votes:

Sorry, I wasn't clear - AFAIK, we can't change the refresh rate of the background agent that updates the sensor data that the tile displays (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/hh202942(v=vs.105).aspx#BKMK_ConstraintsforPeriodicAgents), which is 30 minutes.

I'll see if I can figure out what the Weather Channel's tile is doing, thanks!

Created on Feb 19, 2014 4:03:05 PM by  Matt Barringer [Paessler Support] (460) 2 1

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Important note: PRTG for Windows Phone has been discontinued!

There is no further development planned for this mobile app.

Created on Jul 24, 2017 12:15:22 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.