What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Alarm to only ping sensors

Votes:

Is it possible to set alarm to only one type of sensors in a batch jobb? I can set alarms/notifications to all sensors under a device group, under notification tab. But this adds it to all the sensors. I only want it to be added to a specific sensor type.

alarm notifications ping sensor

Created on Sep 8, 2011 9:44:43 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid this is not possible in the moment. Sorry.

best regards.

Created on Sep 8, 2011 1:55:45 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Can a device have one dependency (another device) and the sensors on the device have another dependency(another sensor on the deice, ping)?

Created on Sep 13, 2011 8:11:24 AM

Votes:

While it's possible to do that it might be better to work with additional groups, that is likely less confusion and less work.

Created on Sep 13, 2011 1:01:15 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.