What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Runtime Error MSVCR80.dll error1114 during installation of PRTG. What can I do?

Votes:

When installing PRTG on my system for the first time, I get the following error messages:

Runtime Error! Program: [...] PRTG Server.exe R6034 An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File "MSVCR80.dll", error 1114

What can I do to install PRTG?

error install installation prtg setup

Created on Sep 9, 2011 3:45:16 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Sep 9, 2011 3:50:06 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Your system needs additional components to run PRTG. Please download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86) from the Microsoft website. Then, install PRTG again.

Created on Sep 9, 2011 3:52:00 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.