What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Does anyone know of a way to allow clients access to specific prtg data?

Votes:

Hello,

I have the trial version of PRTG set up and running and it all looks good and is giving me the information I would require. I have a requirement however to allow third parties to log in and view data from specific sensors but not all. Is there a way to do this using PRTG or does anyone know of another product that can tie into the PRTG application? I need something like a web portal that will only allow read access to say one or two sensors.

portal sensor user

Created on Sep 12, 2011 2:51:28 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

this is of course possible, either by using Maps

https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg8/maps.htm

or by using different users and user groups

https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg8/user_access_rights.htm

Created on Sep 12, 2011 9:26:26 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

As long as you are running a trial version, you should check out PRTG V9 (beta). This version has a new feature called libraries that allow you to generate separate "views" for individual users.

Created on Sep 12, 2011 6:20:13 PM

Votes:

Thank you for the replies. I will investigate these methods.

Created on Sep 14, 2011 10:45:36 PM

Votes:

Hello, I must be doing something wrong. I uninstalled v8 and installed v9 and now I have done the following.

I have two new groups under the local probe. I have assigned a different user group to each of these new groups and given them read only access. Under each of these groups I have a device and sensor.

My problem is that if I log in as one of the users who is a member of one of the new user groups I created they can still see and click on the other groups/devices/sensors even though the access rights say they should have permissions set to none. I can even pause a sensor which surely means they aren't even restricted to read only permission.

Any help in dumbing down the permissions and how they should be set up would be greatly appreciated.

Created on Sep 15, 2011 11:57:25 PM

Votes:

Sorry spoke to soon. It seems that the user I was testing was not being unticked from the prtg users group. Once I added the administrator to the prtg users group and removed the test user from the group it started working. Is it that no group can have no users??

Created on Sep 16, 2011 1:08:14 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.