What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Enable limits for a group?

Votes:

Hi.

I am using PRTG to monitor the number of broadcasts and multicasts per second to monitor for broadcast storms. I want to send a notification when reaching certain levels. I can do this when editing channels and settings limit and then trigger on the warning state but I don't want to do this manually for 300+ sensors. The other method I can think of is to set broadcasts as the primary channel but I don't seem to be able to do this with multi edit either, will this even work. Is there some way to edit all my objects at once?

/Daniel

channel notifications prtg

Created on Mar 16, 2010 12:51:34 PM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear Daniel,

I'm very much afraid there is no better or more efficient way available in the moment. Editing the configuration file can sometimes help, however you would in your case still need all the IDs from the 300+ sensors, and would need to go through the configuration file for each ID. Which is also quite a lot to do.

Best Regards.

Created on Mar 16, 2010 4:09:33 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.