What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor Xen Hypervisor

Votes:

I'd like to monitor my Citrix Xen hypervisor and see its CPU usage and memory usage. We have that ability for VMWare through the VMWare ESX monitor, but is it possible to do something equivalent with Xen?

cpu hypervisor memory xen

Created on Sep 20, 2011 1:12:26 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

this is not yet possible, but already on the wishlist for a future version of PRTG.

best regards.

Created on Sep 21, 2011 1:08:40 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you!

The best hint I've found so far for Xen Server is this: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX122337

Seems like it's not particularly easy to enable SNMP directly on the box.

--Ted

Created on Sep 21, 2011 3:30:50 PM

Votes:

Ideally, I'm looking to find out how much CPU and memory is being used by a particular hypervisor so I can know which units are overloaded and which have room for more VMs.

Created on Sep 21, 2011 3:37:20 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.