What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I increase the display entries on the Toplist tab?

Votes:

I would like to display more toplist entries than currently available. What are the necessary steps and what other adjustments do I need to make?

other probe-device prtg toplists

Created on Mar 16, 2010 11:08:20 PM

Last change on Mar 17, 2010 11:39:47 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Increasing the Number of Entries for a Toplist

You can increase the number of entries available for a Toplist by editing the Toplist in case. To do this, go to the PRTG Web Interface and:

• select the Toplist
  • select the Edit button to edit the Toplist
  • edit the Top Count value and define the number of entries you would like to show up in the Toplist

Note: Keep this value as low as possible, seeing as this affects performance.

Increasing the Memory Used for a Toplist

Beyond that, it is possible to increase the memory available for the Toplist in case.

To do this:

• select the Toplist
  • select the Edit button to edit the Toplist
  • at the bottom of the settings window, increase the Memory limit (MB) value

This defines the maximal amount of memory in MB the probe will use for collecting different connection information.

Note: Every Toplist adds its amount to the probe's memory consumption, which can affect the installation adversely if you monitor a large number of Toplists.

Created on Mar 17, 2010 9:37:30 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Last change on Mar 17, 2010 11:37:28 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

I'm assuming the above instructions from 2010 do not apply to 18.4 as I am unable to find such a setting. I am looking to increase the amount of memory available to Toplists as I receive "Toplist Memory Limit reached" whenever I add another Bandwidth monitor. We have ample amounts of physical memory available on our probe hosts, so I would like to allow PRTG to use that memory for Toplists to avoid that message, but can't find the "screw" I need to turn.

Can you assist? Thanks!

Created on Jan 23, 2019 3:11:53 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

The above instructions are still valid. Please open the sensor in question (Packet Sniffer, Flow...). There you will the toplists on top of the "Overview"-Tab of this sensor. There just click the little "gear"-icon within one of the toplists. This will open the settings where you can increase the memory limit.

Best regards.

Created on Jan 23, 2019 3:39:47 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 2, 2021 9:05:26 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Votes:

Found it, thank you!

Created on Jan 24, 2019 10:00:30 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.