What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cannot see interfaces on a satellite modem

Votes:

Hi,

We want to add comtech-625 satellite modems for monitoring the bandwidth utilization on different interfaces of the modem. The modem has 4 interfaces but when i'm adding this modem to the PRTG monitoring, i can only see 1 interface of the device, the rest of the interfaces are not even discoverable on it.

Please let me know how i can see the other interfaces of the device.

Regards,

Syed Asif Raza

comtech sensor snmp

Created on Sep 25, 2011 7:48:37 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

please scan for available interfaces on the device using our free SNMP Tester

https://www.paessler.com/tools/snmptester

could it be a configuration issue on the device?

is only the one interface connected that was discovered?

Created on Sep 26, 2011 5:17:10 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I used the test but i can see only two standard interfaces discovered one is the ethernet interface and the other is the loop back interface. As i told you earlier, there are four ethernet interfaces on the modem and two are being used. One is discovered but the others are not getting discovered.

The interface is up and i can see in the modem the statistics as well. I want to graph all the connected interfaces on PRTG. Please let me know how i can graph the other interface on PRTG.

Regards,

Created on Sep 26, 2011 5:39:11 AM

Votes:

If the interface is not "accessible" even with the tester I'm afraid it can't be monitored with PRTG either. You can try the "Tweak"-options in the tester (Force 32bit, Slow Tweak, Single Get) but if these do not help (please try the interface scan for each Tweak Option individually) then the conclusion is that the "Missing interfaces" can't be monitored with SNMP, for reasons unknown to us (you would have to consult with the vendor then).

Created on Sep 26, 2011 1:45:40 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.