What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Disable Summary Notifications?

Votes:

I am wanting to disable summary notifications for all sensors within PRTG. Is there a way to do this?

multiple notifications summary

Created on Sep 26, 2011 2:37:38 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

the settings for the notification summarization can be set for each notification individually under "Setup"->"Account Settings"->"Notifications", then select the notification where you want to change the behavior.

best regards.

Created on Sep 26, 2011 4:11:55 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

That doesn't answer the question. I also don't like to receive any summary notifications (at least on some devices). The case: - several sensors on a device - every sensor is critical and when down device needs to be looked at - don't want to receive more than one down/up notification if more than one sensor is down

Created on Jun 19, 2015 12:57:36 AM

Votes:

The answer to this question as well, is the according summarization setting for each notification that you are using. In case there is critical and less-critical sensors on one and the same device (where the 2nd could do with summarization), then work with more than one notification.
http://abload.de/img/powershellnotificatiovwqml.png

Created on Jun 19, 2015 7:04:25 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I have same situation. I need to disable "Summarized" notification completely. Because it doubles up notifications. One sensor down, I need only one notification. No need of Summary. Please help ! Cheers

Created on Jan 5, 2017 11:07:13 PM

Votes:

In order to disble "Summarized" notification completely choose the setting "Always notify ASAP, never summarize a notification" ("Setup"->"Account Settings"->"Notifications", then select the notification where you want to change the behavior)

Created on Jan 6, 2017 1:33:12 PM by  [email protected]

Votes:

Has this been removed?

Under settings you can find "Notifications Templates" and "Notification Contacts" but no where to disable summary under either of these options.

Created on May 30, 2022 8:26:25 AM

Votes:

The setting wasn't removed, but the path in the previous reply isn't quite accurate anymore I'm afraid. To find the option in the current UI, navigate to Setup > Account Settings > Notification Templates and select the template you wish to adjust. From the template settings, you will find a section labeled "Notification Summarization"

Created on Jun 1, 2022 12:36:03 PM by  Josiah Horton [Paessler Support] (0) 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.