What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Custom WMI Counter Maximum

Votes:

I created a custom WMI sensor to measure Network IO Wait for SQL Server. Here is the query:

SELECT NetworkIOWaits FROM Win32_PerfFormattedData_MSSQLMSSQLSERVER2008_MSSQLMSSQLSERVER2008WaitStatistics WHERE name='average wait time (ms)'

However, it won't display any data over 2000 ms. The graphs have a flat top. How can I get this to show the real data. I got the same result using RAW data.

Thanks

data sql-2008-perfmon wmi-custom-sensor

Created on Sep 29, 2011 3:00:27 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

PerfMon maxes out at 2000 also. Hmm....something about the counter itself then

Created on Sep 29, 2011 6:18:31 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Dear Dean,

which result do you get running the query with our WMI Tester from the PRTG Host?

best regards.

Created on Sep 29, 2011 5:10:34 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am getting 80041008 error with your tool, but when I use WMI Explorer it also maxes out at 2000

Created on Sep 29, 2011 6:11:03 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

PerfMon maxes out at 2000 also. Hmm....something about the counter itself then

Created on Sep 29, 2011 6:18:31 PM

Votes:

Indeed, that seems to be an issue on the counter, not PRTG.

Created on Sep 29, 2011 7:02:09 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.