What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

where can i find the logs for deleted devices and by which user have they been deleted?

Votes:

i cant seem to find where the logs of deleted devices are stored. i want to know who deleted a specific device.

device logs prtg

Created on Oct 2, 2011 6:54:01 AM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Whenever an object is deleted PRTG writes a log file entry into the log of the parent object. So please check the parent's log.

The log entries look like this:

Child Object Deleted 
Deleted sensor: PING 75 1

To see a list of all object deleted entries, you can use the following URL:

http://YOURPRTGSERVER/log.htm?filter_status=506

It will display all these log file entries.

To find out who has deleted a child object, select the object link (e.g. the device), then select the "History" tab (the right-most). It will tell you who has deleted the object.

Created on Oct 2, 2011 8:40:12 AM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Last change on Oct 2, 2011 11:54:47 AM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Votes:

hi.. thanks for the clarification.. if i deleted a device or sensor by mistake. is there a way to restore only this device without loading previous configuration?

Created on Oct 3, 2011 7:15:49 AM

Votes:

hallo,

not at the moment, sorry.

only loading a previous configuration file will bring back deleted items now.

Created on Oct 3, 2011 7:39:46 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.