What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

forward Syslog messages to device

Votes:

Is it possible to forward/attach syslog messages received by the sylog receiver of prtg to its corresponding device in prtg? For example Syslog messages received from serverA by the syslog receiver and forward them to the log tab of server A in prtg? Or is there another way to forward syslog messages of a specific server to its device in prtg?

device prtg syslog

Created on Oct 5, 2011 11:43:22 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

you can try this by setting up a "Syslog-Notifcation" which uses the placeholder %message and use it on a "Change Trigger" on the receiving Syslog-Sensor. But this might only send out the last Syslog message received by the sensor in one scanning interval.

best regards.

Created on Oct 5, 2011 2:48:17 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

OK. But in witch way we get this "Syslog-Notification" to the correct device it belongs to? Thanks!

Created on Oct 6, 2011 11:03:31 AM

Votes:

Dear Thomas, I'm sorry I misunderstood your request, I thought you want to "physically" send out Syslog messages again. I do apologize, and I'm afraid your request is actually not possible.

Created on Oct 6, 2011 3:49:52 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.