What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Access Rights aren't working.

Votes:

Dear Support,

The configuration to user access aren't working. We need to setup different users that have diffent access to the sensors. The users access only their sensors and the other users must not see the sensors of each other. I tried to manually change the configuration on the devices to some groups have access to their groups but it isn't working the users can see the sensors of the other users. Is it possible to you help us asap?

access-rights device prtg9

Created on Oct 7, 2011 5:52:41 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

hallo,

please make sure that the users you created are only a member of the group you are giving access rights for. Very often the users are members of their particular group but a member of the PRTG User group as well.

Created on Oct 9, 2011 12:11:39 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

When I change from "None" to "Inherit Access Right" for one group, no group can read it, but when I mark "Inherit Access Right" and in the parent device I change only one group to read, everybody can read.

I can't configure the access rights. Could you please help me?

Created on Oct 10, 2011 12:29:45 PM

Votes:

Whenever I create a new "User Accounts", this user is member of "Administration Group" and I can't change this option.

How can I change this member option?

Created on Oct 10, 2011 12:40:10 PM

Votes:

Hallo,

when you add a new User Account the Primary Croup of that user should be the "PRTG Users Group". This should already be preselected.

Created on Oct 11, 2011 8:43:32 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.