What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can i see different protocols useage with NetFlow

Votes:

Hi,

I have configured my devices to send netflow v9 to the PRTG server but i'm not able to see different protocols utilizations. When i click on the top protocols, i can only see others and nothing else. Please help me to configure PRTG correctly so that i can see which protocol is using how much bandwidth.

Regards,

Syed Asif Raza

cisco-router netflow-v9 protocol-classification

Created on Oct 11, 2011 4:49:53 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

do you also only see Others in the normal sensor results of this Netflow Sensor (Live Data Table and Graph)?

best regards.

Created on Oct 11, 2011 1:03:30 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Sorry for the delayed response. I was on vacations, well for your question, yes i'm only seeing two values over there one is total and the other is others.

Created on Oct 18, 2011 8:48:29 AM

Votes:

Well, that would mean that only traffic is flowing which is detected by PRTG as 'Other'. You can enable the "Stream Logging" to analyze this in a CSV-file written by PRTG with all the traffic.

Created on Oct 18, 2011 1:13:27 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Torsten,

I was on leave and was having very limited access to internet because of which i was not able to get back to you earlier.

If i see the TOPLISTS tab from the PRTG browser i can see three options as follows:

1: Top Connections, which shows alot of IP addresses with the ports that they are communicating with.

2: Top Protocols, I cannot see anything except for OTHERs.

3: Top Talkers, I can see the list of IP addresses using the most of the bandwidth.

Now, from what i want to see is the top protocols, please let me know how can i see them or is there any specific configuration that i need to do to see this result.

Regards.

Created on Nov 2, 2011 6:21:48 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.