What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

custom report table trends

Votes:

I'm trying to get the information of a number of SNMP traffic sensors, but I actually need a small portion of information through the year: (maximum detected, the minimum, total and the average of kbps IN and OUT of each month). I tried to create it but i Had to do each month at a time, for all the sensors, and get the data to an excel, then make a grpah there to see the trend of each sensors. Is there a easier way to to this kind of report? I think is a very useful kind of report for lot of sensors.

custom-report snmp-sensor traffic-monitoring trend trending

Created on Oct 11, 2011 5:29:39 PM

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

at least for the monthly averages you could use the "Historic Data"-function. Just open it on a sensor and run it for the span of one year. Once it's finished, just change the "average=" parameter in the URL to be 2592000 that should be 30 days, and you should then get monthly averages.

best regards.

Created on Oct 12, 2011 4:47:22 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

But I'll have to do that in each sensor at a time. if I have 50 sensors, I'll have to do this 50 times. there's no other way?

Created on Oct 13, 2011 4:56:01 PM

Votes:

You could edit the hmtl-file of a report-template (preferably a template with data table) as well and change the average there as well. Then you could put all the 50 sensors in this report.

Created on Oct 13, 2011 5:05:39 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm trying to do it with an API, but I'm seeing is that not all the months have 30 days, so it will start taking days from the next month and so on.

Created on Dec 22, 2011 2:19:17 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.