What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to define period definitions?

Votes:

I am testing the new period definitions for schedules.

I have this schedule priods definiton for my test notification: mo:22:00-tu:05:59 tu:22:00-we:05:59 we:22:00-th:05:59 th:22:00-fr:05:59 fr:22:00-sa:05:59 sa:22:00-su:05:59 su:22:00-mo:05:59

This is supposed to NOT send any notification in defined periods (22:00 to 05:59 following day) and I can confirm that the above definion worked properly from Tuesday to Saturday 05:59 (no notifications were sent in defined periods).

However today (sunday morning), I received many notifications, sent between sa:22:00 and su:05:59. Can you please verify that: 1. the above definition is correct? (newline/enter used as a separator between following periods) 2. at least 7 periods are being handled by PRTG in the schedule definition?

definitions period schedules

Created on Oct 16, 2011 9:00:10 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

hallo,

it is likely that in the settings of your notification the option to "Postpone" is set to Yes.

Pleas check. This setting is done per Notification.

Created on Oct 17, 2011 7:56:09 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The postpone is set to No.

Also, sorry, I haven't mentioned it earlier, the emails were sent during the hours that were supposed to be disabled (for example in the sa:22:00-su:05:59 period).

In my case they were not sent until friday, starting from saturday they are being sent. Today, I can also confirm that also this night (sunday->monday) they were sent again.

Created on Oct 17, 2011 8:35:11 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.