What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

What is the max. sensors with lots of remote probes?

Votes:

I know that there are certain limits with the amount of monitors and the type per probe and per installation. I was wondering if this amount changes at all if we would only have 250 sensors per remote probe. If my calculation is correct with a 10,000 sensor limit we would only be able to have 40 sites connected. Would the 10,000 sensor limit or 20,000 limit still apply as we have only 250 per probe?

Thanks, Andreas

limits maximum prtg9

Created on Oct 23, 2011 8:07:20 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

for the PRTG Core Server as a process it does not really matter if sensors are distributed onto several remote probes or only reside on the local probe. So the "limits" still apply.

best regards.

Created on Oct 24, 2011 12:41:49 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.