What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Strange WMI errors on Win2008 based network

Votes:

This is the error that almost all my WMI devices shows from time to time

Connection could not be established (800703E5: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress - Host: ##.#.#.#, User: me, Password: **, Domain: ntlmdomain:ME) (code: PE015)

The servers that I am currently monitoring are Win2008 x 86 servers with plenty of 4 Gb of RAM at least, checking at the very least 4 sensors: ping WMI CPU WMI RAM WMI service and on a couple of them, I am including WMI remote sessions.

Refreshing the probe, restarting the probe does not solve or do anything. Restarting the server, of course, solve the error for a couple of days.

2008 windows wmi

Created on Oct 28, 2011 7:27:10 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

hallo, which exact version of PRTG are you running at the moment?

Created on Oct 31, 2011 6:23:53 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

PRTG Network Monitor 8.4.2.2321

Created on Oct 31, 2011 1:14:44 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.