What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Not Connected (401 Unauthorized)

Votes:

I just upgraded from version 8.1.2.1810 to version 9.1.3.1793. I can NOT connect to the PRTG Server using the PRTG Enterprise Console?

Tried: - I have purchased and installed a new license using the "PRTG Server Administrator". - I have updated the administrator settings from the server administrator. - I have updated the web server settings to match my login settings.

Still can not connect. I get the error "Not Connected (401 Unauthorized)"

NOTE: This server ONLY runs the PRTG software. Version 8 was running without problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Gabe

connection-issue installation prtg-console

Created on Oct 29, 2011 9:01:11 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

I had the same problem with the Enterprise Console, trying to connect with my Active Directory account. I replaced my AD account (in the Enterprise Console) with the built-in Administrator account from PRTG and it works. Still, I cannot connect with my AD account

Created on Nov 7, 2011 9:45:03 AM

Votes:

does the AD account work in the web interface?

Created on Nov 7, 2011 10:58:55 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Please update your PRTG installation. https://www.paessler.com/prtg/download

Created on Nov 24, 2011 8:00:27 PM by  Thomas Wormser [Paessler Support]

Last change on Nov 24, 2011 8:03:05 PM by  Thomas Wormser [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello. I am having this problem with PRTG. I am running the latest version. It will bring up the web-based version works OK but when I bring up the enterprise console it says Not Connected (unauthorized). Any advice would be appreciated.

Created on Sep 5, 2012 2:18:20 PM

Votes:

Which exact version of PRTG are you using? Are ActiveDirectory Logins used?

Created on Sep 5, 2012 4:03:34 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have just download app for ios and still the same issue. I am using local admin account. I can login from web interface but got 401 from app. This is what I havePRTG Network Monitor 14.3.10.2422 x64

Created on Oct 9, 2014 7:38:59 PM

Votes:

Never mind, somehow it start working.

Created on Oct 9, 2014 8:07:37 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.