What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Check Now

Votes:

I have the feeling that the Check now option in the enterprise console is broken.

Running version 9.1.3.1793 a check which has a interval of 10m does not respond to either CTRL + C or right mouse buttor -> Check now.

Visiting the webbrowser and doing the check there does work.

Anybody else noticed the same thing?

bug enterprise-console prtg

Created on Nov 1, 2011 2:57:25 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

hallo, did you wait for the EC to refresh? we can not reproduce the issue.

Created on Nov 4, 2011 9:19:11 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Aurelio,

Yes I did. I even refreshed it manually myself.

Here are my test example:

Sensor scan time : 10 minutes

Last check done 2 minutes 30 secs ago according to overview tab in the EC hit CTRL -C on the sensor go to overview page again, hit F5 / click the refresh button, wait 60 seconds (should be enough) but no change. Visit sensor on website, and indeed, same values.

Go to sensor website, hit the refresh now button, refresh the page and it is updated within 2 to 5 seconds with the new values.

If there is a way I can check (besides using wireshark, using SSL which makes it kinda hard to track and trace) what commands are sent to the prtg probe from the EC, then I can debug myself and give some extra info.

Any tips?

Created on Nov 4, 2011 9:28:41 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.