What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to monitoring a BLADE H IBM ?

Votes:

Hi,

I would like to monitoring my IBM BLADE H :

- Temperature of the chassi in/out - Power usage per blade slot - Power usage per power domain - Power usage per fan pack - Power usage per I/O module - Power usage per managemnt module - Voltage for +1,8V, +12V, +2,5V, +3,3V and +5V - Thermal output (BTU/Hour) - Fan speed both in porcentage and RPM

How can I Do ?

Thanks a lot

blade ibm snmp

Created on Nov 1, 2011 10:48:23 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

This will probably only work with SNMP.

Does the blade support SNMP? Does IBM offer MIBs for the blade? If so, you can import them using our free MIB Importer.

https://www.paessler.com/tools/mibimporter

Created on Nov 2, 2011 8:02:08 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok Thanks. But I don't find MIBs for my Blade on the IBM site. If you have un template, I will be very happy.

Thanks a lot.

Created on Nov 2, 2011 1:11:36 PM

Votes:

sorry, we do not have any templates for that blade available.

Created on Nov 7, 2011 9:14:22 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

So this is 2 years late for Emmanuel, but hopefully helpful to others. The downloadable IBM firmware update packages for bladecenter IMMs contain 2x .mib files.

You can import them using MIB importer, I have only imported "mmblade.mib" and it has loads of sensors (way too many in fact) and you will have to be selective.

Make sure you configure SNMP under "MM Control" "Network Protocols" and specify the PRTG probe IP address or you will get an "SNMP error# -2003"

I also had to configure it to use SNMP v3 as SNMPv1 never succesfully found any sensors.

Created on Dec 9, 2013 11:29:54 PM

Votes:

It is working fine, we have to import select required OID data. If you try import full MIB data, it will not work.

Created on May 11, 2014 2:30:15 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.