What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Getting Windows MSMQ Queue Length to work

Votes:

I cannot seem o get the Windows MSMQ Queue Length sensor to work, message queuing has been installed on the PRTG server and started, the queues I want to monitor are on another server on the local network (no domain). When I added the sensor it correctly picked up the queue names on the server and added them as monitors but they all are stuck with the error "Remote computer is not available". I’ve tried the WMI Tester with a custom query of "Select * From Win32_PerfRawData_MSMQ_MSMQQueue" and it works fine. The other WMI sensors are working fine so I can’t figure out why it’s not working, anyone got any ideas?

msmq queue wmi

Created on Nov 3, 2011 11:52:19 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear xela,

please update to the latest PRTG release version (9.1.4) via Auto-Update. Your issue should be solved in this version.

Regards, Daniel

Created on Nov 16, 2011 1:59:22 PM by  Daniel Elsner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.