What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Help with Netflow9 from Cisco ASA 5510

Votes:

Hi, I have set up a sensor for Netflow9 and I get this message 'This sensor has not received any data since startup.'

I have had Netflow monitored previously form this Cisco device using another network monitoring programme.

The settings on the Cisco device have been changed to send it to the IP address of the PRTG remote probe. This probe sits on the same LAN as the Cisco device.

I have installed the Paessler Netflow 9 Tester on the remote probe and I can see entries in the 'packets received' and 'unassigned flows' windows.

When I started the Netflow tester I was warned by the Windows Firewall and allowed the traffice. For good measure I have turned the Firewall off for now.

I exited the Netflow Tester and then added the sensor again. I am still getting the same message and no data showing in PRTG.

Any advice on further troubleshooting would be gratefully received.

cisco-asa-5510 netflow9 remote-probe

Created on Nov 7, 2011 4:02:24 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

After help from Paessler support I found the error was with the timeout value. Default on the ASA for Netflow is 30 minutes and I needed to set the timeout in PRTG to be one minute more than this

Created on Dec 5, 2011 4:46:45 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.