What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WSUS Statistics not functional

Votes:

Attempting to add the "WSUS Statistics" sensor to my WSUS server device. I have installed the WSUS SP2 Administration console on the PRTG/Probe system (WSUS30-KB972455-x64). I am getting the following error while trying to add the sensor:

"This sensor requires the WSUS admin console to be installed on the probe device"

What exactly is PRTG looking for? I have the console installed, and I've even attached it to my WSUS server, to check functionality.

Help!

prtg9 wmi wsus

Created on Nov 15, 2011 4:33:31 PM

8 Replies

Votes:

simply update to the most current version. in v 9.1.3.x the installpart of this sensor seems to be broken.

Created on Nov 24, 2011 8:41:23 PM

Votes:

We've also had a report of user experiencing this problem, who was then able to resolve the issue by re-installing the WSUS Admin console on the probe host again.

Created on Feb 1, 2012 1:08:22 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, I am having a similar issue:

Last Message: File C.\Program Files\Update Services\Api\Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.dll could not be found. The WSUS admin console is not correctly installed on the probe device.

That`s the message i`m getting when I try to run the WSUS statistics senzor... I`m guessing that the path should be C.\Program Files (x86)\... Any help how to change this?

Created on Nov 9, 2015 7:56:41 AM

Votes:

Which exact version of PRTG are you running? Is the sensor on a Remote Probe? The WSUS Admin Console is definitely installed on the machine of the Probe?

Created on Nov 9, 2015 3:17:12 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

PRTG server 15.4.20.4590, Probe and server on the same machine, WSUS console is not installed on the probe machine (is this necessary?).

Created on Nov 10, 2015 10:31:17 AM

Votes:

Just installed the WSUS console on the probe machine, everything is working great, sorry for spamming the thread...

Created on Nov 10, 2015 10:40:13 AM

Votes:

Hi, is it possible to run this Sensor on the WSUS Server? I don't want to install WSUS or the console on the Probe..

Created on Feb 11, 2019 8:20:16 AM

Votes:

andreasponjavic, in that case you need to place a Remote Probe onto the WSUS Server. The console is necessary for the Probe to actually run the sensor. Regardless to which target the sensor is pointed then.

Created on Feb 11, 2019 12:17:56 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.