What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Error code pe088 with WMI sensor

Votes:

I am trying to deploy the free disk space multi drive sensor on a win2008 R2 server and it is only giving me back results for the C drive. All others come back with 0. I have tried to do a WMI volume on the D drive on the same server and get the following error: Query returned "capacity = 0". Can not process data (code: PE088).

Anyone has any suggestions?

free-disk-space wmi wmi-free-disk-sensor

Created on Nov 16, 2011 9:40:16 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Obviously the WMI system of your target server returns 0-values for the capacities.

Please have a look at our Knowledgebase article about WMI errors, section 0% Free Disk Space.

Kind regards,

- Volker

Created on Nov 17, 2011 2:39:52 PM by  Volker Uffelmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have seen that thread and it states that there are error messages. I am not getting any error messages on the multi drive sensor. Should I treat it the same? Thanks.

Created on Nov 17, 2011 2:48:24 PM

Votes:

I would like to stress one more thing: for C drive it gives me the correct value, both with the multi drive and with WMI Volume. Doesn't that indicate that the server settings are correct?

Created on Nov 17, 2011 2:53:52 PM

Votes:

If WMI is reporting 0, this is all PRTG can show. Please try to run the appropriate queries in this article using our WMI Tester. What is reported?

One other thing that could be the case with your setup is described in the Nonsensical values section of the error article above: the 64bit context difficulties.

Kind regards,

- Volker

Created on Nov 17, 2011 3:44:03 PM by  Volker Uffelmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks

Created on Nov 18, 2011 7:27:01 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.