What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

customer report

Votes:

i have made a custom report but i can't get the template to show up in the drop down box to select the template to run my report. what is the step am i missing?

custom custom-report reporting

Created on Nov 16, 2011 11:01:45 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Please make sure you do not only change the file name, but also the report name in the HTML comment, as described in Step 6:

Step 6: Choose a name for your report template and write it into the HTML comment in the first line of the source code (delete the old name first). The format is "category: name". Category (with grey background) and name will appear in the template selection drop-down under PRTG's web interface later on. Save the HTM file.

Created on Nov 18, 2011 11:30:42 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

3 Replies

Votes:

Did you store the template as outlined under How do I modify PRTG's report templates? Did you restart PRTG after having edited the template?

Created on Nov 17, 2011 10:21:05 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

yes i took a pre-made report and copied it out of the reporttemplate folder. modified it then renamed it then dropped it back into the folder and restarted the whole computer after i didn't see the report in the drop down menu.

Created on Nov 17, 2011 5:02:06 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Please make sure you do not only change the file name, but also the report name in the HTML comment, as described in Step 6:

Step 6: Choose a name for your report template and write it into the HTML comment in the first line of the source code (delete the old name first). The format is "category: name". Category (with grey background) and name will appear in the template selection drop-down under PRTG's web interface later on. Save the HTM file.

Created on Nov 18, 2011 11:30:42 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.