What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Duplicate node ID

Votes:

I had a PRTG cluster with a master and a failover. For various resons I wanted to swap their roles. For that I made both stand-alone and then created the new cluster on the new master node. On the failover node I said to join the cluster. This doesn't work however and I notice that both servers have the same node ID's which doesn't seem right.

I'm running the latest version 9.1.4

clustering node swap-cluster-nodes

Created on Nov 22, 2011 12:59:51 PM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear Jeffrey,

please try shutting down both nodes. Then completely uninstall PRTG from the failover-node and also make sure that all registry-settings are removed and gone (see How and where does PRTG store its data? for details). Then restart the master node and please install PRTG anew on the failover-node and do join the PRTG cluster anew.

best regards.

Created on Nov 22, 2011 3:35:38 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.