What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Recently upgraded to newest PRTG 9 from PRTG8. Can not create device templates now.

Votes:

I attempt to create a device template and it asks me for file name and template name. I enter the information and click continue. Then, it blanks out the two boxes and stays on the screen.

Am I doing something wrong? I have done this prior to upgraded without issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Zac

device-template snmp template

Created on Nov 25, 2011 9:01:50 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

we can't reproduce this issue here. Which exact version of PRTG 9 are you running? Do you by any chance use a customized language file? Which browser are you using with PRTG?

best regards.

Created on Nov 28, 2011 12:44:39 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We are on version 9.1.4.1840. I don't believe we use any customized language files. I have tried this with Firefox and IE.

Thanks,

Zac

Created on Nov 28, 2011 1:53:20 PM

Votes:

Can you please send us some screenshots showing what exactly happens to [email protected]?

Created on Nov 28, 2011 3:19:45 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.