What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

"Incoming or Outgoing error" notification

Votes:

I'm monitoring more than 300 networks switches with 24/48 Ports. I'd like to add "incoming / outgoing errors" and trigger a notification everytime there is an error on a interface, is this possible?

I added the "incoming /outgoing errors" on one switch to laborate, but it seems to me like you cannot get a notification on a secondary channel? So i changed "incoming/outgoing errors" to be primary channel and it looks fine. Is there any easier way of fixing this or do i really have to change the channel on every single interface and also set the notification on every interface?

Is there another way to configure this?

error notification switch

Created on Dec 8, 2011 11:21:25 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

I would suggest the following solution, enter Error/Warning-Limits for the "Errors In/Out"-Channel in the "Channel Settings" of this sensor and then work with a normal state trigger on this.

best regards.

Created on Dec 8, 2011 4:22:58 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.