What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Web server does not start after installation of PRTG. What can I do?

Votes:

I get an error

PRTG Webserver could not be started properly. Could not start webserver for http://127.0.0.1: Fatal error: No IP specified for web server.

Error

What can I do?

error help install installation prtg setup web-server

Created on Dec 9, 2011 1:45:58 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Dec 9, 2011 1:49:12 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

There is probably an issue with the network card on your system (for example, there does not exist one).

On the system where you installed PRTG, please open the PRTG Server Administrator tool from the Windows start menu. In the Web Server tab, set the web server settings to use Port 80 and Localhost IP 127.0.0.1. Leave the program with Ok and confirm (re-)start of Windows services.

Then open a browser on the same system (Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) and open the URL 127.0.0.1. You should now be able to access the PRTG web interface locally.

Created on Dec 9, 2011 1:52:59 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.