What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Questions on new PRTG 9 Cluster

Votes:

I have recently set up a cluster and added in a fail-over node. After connecting the new node I am trying to move all of my probes and devices under the cluster node to get them to copy from the master node to the fail-over node. It seems that I can not move a remote probe to there.

Can you only move what is on the master node probe under the cluster node? Are you not able to use multiple remote probes with a cluster?

Also do the basic configurations not sync over to the fail-over node? None of my user information has synced over to the fail-over node.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Zac

cluster-setup clustering prtg9

Created on Dec 14, 2011 9:30:19 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Remote Probes in a PRTG Cluster can only be connected to the Master node in the moment. All "other" groups and devices from the "Local Probe" of the Master can be moved/copied to the Cluster Probe, and then are monitored by all nodes of the PRTG Cluster. Users should also be synced, only the Admin-user needs to get the password set on each node individually.

best regards.

Created on Dec 15, 2011 2:56:45 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.