What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Status icons with name that I can change

Votes:

Dear support,

I need to create a status icon with a name that I can change. For example: I have one port sensor testing a firewall port. If I create to a map with status and name, this icon will show the sensor's name or device's name. But I need write a different thing, like ISP.

So, is there a way to do that? Is there a box that I can write inside or a status icon with a box that I can write inside?

Regards,

Natasha.

change create maps status-icons

Created on Jan 11, 2012 12:18:13 PM

6 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

When adding or editing a map object, you should have a HTML option, which includes "HTML Before" and "HTML After" entry fields. You can add HTML code to display the text in case, using "HTML Before" to add the text above (/before) and "HTML After" to add the text below (/after) the object in case.

Created on Jan 11, 2012 2:28:51 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Thank you!

And can I change the color, face and size of this text's font?

Regards,

Natasha.

Created on Jan 11, 2012 8:05:00 PM

Votes:

Yes, you would have to adjust the HTML code accordingly.

Created on Jan 12, 2012 1:49:11 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Yes.

But I'm trying to change the font size and it isn't working. I'm trying to configure with these parameters: <font size=1>TEXT</font> And if I change to another number, like seven, the text continues with same size. I can't change color and style too.

Is there another HTML text overwriting what I write?

I really need to change this texts myself, and I don't wanna change the PRTG's standard. I need to change this texts to some customers.

Could you, please, help me asap?

Regards,

Natasha.

Created on Jan 12, 2012 8:49:22 PM

Votes:

You would need to use the following format, for example:

<span style='font-size: 8em; color: rgb(10, 255, 255);'>Text</span>

Created on Jan 13, 2012 1:07:52 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Thank you!

Created on Jan 13, 2012 3:43:33 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.