What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Wmi-Sensors don´t work proberly on a specific server

Votes:

Hello,

The CPU, Memory and Disk-Sensor on a Server doesn´t work proberly. No changes have been made and from one day to another the sensors changed to error state.

In the section Last Message and Last Result is no information about the error.

I have already tested the functionality of wmi using your WMI-testing tool. There wmi works without any problems.

Further more this server has 2 entries in our monitoring. Each entry monitors cpu, memory an disk.

Strangely at the first entry all 3 sensors are in error-state and at the second entry only the cpu sensor is in error state. Memory and Disk are green, but there is also no Last Message or Last result to see.

What could cause these errrors and how can I solve this strange issue?

Kind regards,

Dominik Klecker

cpu-load wmi wmimemorysensor

Created on Jan 12, 2012 11:32:08 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

What precise version of PRTG are you using?

Created on Jan 12, 2012 2:08:21 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

We are using PRTG Network Monitor 9.1.3.1793.

Created on Jan 13, 2012 6:40:01 AM

Votes:

Please update to the latest version, we have made a lot of improvements since the version you have regarding WMI.

https://www.paessler.com/prtg/prtg9history

Created on Jan 13, 2012 7:38:33 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

After updating the sensors seems to work fine so far. Thanks for the support.

Created on Jan 13, 2012 8:35:43 AM

Votes:

Hello,

I've had the same problem, worked for me as well.

Created on Feb 22, 2012 10:27:10 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.