What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is there a way to export a list of Windows Performance Monitor Counters you would like to do and sim

Votes:

I can use typeperf -qx on the host machine to get a full list of counters in Performance monitor which I can then edit the text file easily to get the ones I really need. Is there a way to import this list into PRTG?

An example of the kind of list it creates is like this:

\Processor(0)\% Processor Time \Processor(1)\% Processor Time \Processor(2)\% Processor Time \Processor(3)\% Processor Time \Processor(4)\% Processor Time \Processor(5)\% Processor Time \Processor(6)\% Processor Time \Processor(7)\% Processor Time \Processor(8)\% Processor Time \Processor(9)\% Processor Time \Processor(10)\% Processor Time \Processor(11)\% Processor Time \Processor(12)\% Processor Time \Processor(13)\% Processor Time \Processor(14)\% Processor Time \Processor(15)\% Processor Time \Processor(_Total)\% Processor Time \Memory\Page Faults/sec \Memory\Available MBytes \Network Interface(HP NC382i DP Multifunction Gigabit Server Adapter _3)\Bytes Total/sec \Network Interface(HP NC382i DP Multifunction Gigabit Server Adapter _3)\Current Bandwidth \.NET CLR LocksAndThreads(_Global_)\Total # of Contentions \.NET CLR LocksAndThreads(mmc)\Total # of Contentions \.NET CLR LocksAndThreads(hpkassvc)\Total # of Contentions \.NET CLR LocksAndThreads(_Global_)\Contention Rate / sec \.NET CLR LocksAndThreads(mmc)\Contention Rate / sec \.NET CLR LocksAndThreads(hpkassvc)\Contention Rate / sec \.NET CLR LocksAndThreads(_Global_)\Current Queue Length

It would be good if I could simply import this into PRTG without having to do this manually which take lots of time to do.

custom-sensors import typerf

Created on Jan 13, 2012 7:02:15 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

hallo,

there is no way today that would let you do this. But we are working on something similar already. It is not sure yet, wen it will get implemented.

Created on Jan 13, 2012 7:41:39 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.