What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to add a sensor to CPU load index?

Votes:

I fetch the cpu load of my devices by a custom snmp sensor with the tag "cpuloadsensor". However, PRTG does not compute the CPU load index. If I fetch the cpu load by wmi it would work, but in my network I can't use wmi.

I use PRTG 9.1.6.1963

cpu-load prtg9 snmp-sensor

Created on Jan 18, 2012 3:37:41 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

so the 'CPU Load Index'-Graph of the parent device of this sensor stays on '0'?

best regards.

Created on Jan 18, 2012 4:34:49 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi

Thank you for your reply. Yes, the CPU load index graph of the parent devices and groups stay on 0.

regards

Created on Jan 19, 2012 6:43:49 AM

Votes:

I forgot to ask, did you add this tag to the sensor? Or was it added by PRTG upon the creation of the sensor (if so, what kind of a sensor is it)?

Created on Jan 19, 2012 1:13:41 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I added the tag to the sensor and it's a custom snmp sensor.

Created on Jan 19, 2012 3:23:19 PM

Votes:

I the meantime we updated to the latest version 9.2.0.2121. But we had no luck to solve our problem. Do you have any suggestions?

Created on Jan 25, 2012 10:44:12 AM

Votes:

The CPU Load Index only refers to sensors internally 'flagged' as CPU Load Sensors (WMI CPU Load sensor for example) it's not possible by manually adding the tag 'cpuload' sensor to a certain sensor to include this one. Sorry.

Created on Jan 25, 2012 1:30:43 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.