What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Modify Sensor Warning/Error Levels

Votes:

I would like to modify the alert thresholds for sensors all across the board. One example is for disk sensors, I would like to warn at 10% and error at 5%. I know how to edit this for a single sensor, but how can this be accomplished for either a single group or the entire root?

error sensor warning

Created on Jan 20, 2012 3:09:07 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

you can do this for several sensors (of the same type) at once using the Multi-Edit.

best regards.

Created on Jan 20, 2012 4:10:21 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks. I see that now and it appears to successfully edit multiple sensors. I am however still being alerted on the old values. I checked an individual sensor's settings--

Channel: Free Space C: Lower Warning Limit (%): 10 Lower Error Limit (%): 5

These were the only modifications I made during the bulk edit. This individual sensor that I checked is for a device currently alerting in an error state because there is 8% free on the C: drive.

Created on Jan 21, 2012 2:38:39 PM

Votes:

Please bear in mind that WMI Disc Space Sensors do have Limits on the Settings-Tab to have one limit for all drives monitored by one sensor, and then also Limits on the Channels-tab, to be able to have different limits for each drive. Maybe you are now using both limits. Please only use one, either those on the Settings or those on the Channels tab.

Created on Jan 23, 2012 12:55:57 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.